Pre-Health/Med Post-Baccalaureate ProgramPage Menu
Are you planning to pursue a healthcare career?
If you have a bachelor’s degree, you can enroll in our Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Health program and complete prerequisites for a healthcare professional school.
Complete the entire 41-credit program or choose individual courses to meet your goals.
- Of the NWHSU graduates we surveyed, 87.5 percent were accepted into their desired programs after applying.
- Our students have been accepted into medical school, physical therapy school, dental school, physician assistant programs and more.
- The average reported MCAT outcome is in the 83rd percentile.
Benefits of our Post-Bac Pre-Health program
By taking our accelerated courses in general chemistry, organic chemistry and physics, you can complete one full academic year of a two-course sequence in only one 15-week semester - half the time it typically takes in other post-bac pre-health programs.
- Accelerated courses in foundational sciences.
- A customizable program that meets your needs.
- Recorded lectures available for added flexibility.
- Small class sizes for more individualized attention.
- One of the most affordable post-bac pre-health programs available.
- Access to financial aid.
- MCAT test prep sessions and free tutoring available.
- Research opportunities.
- Discounts and free materials from Kaplan.
- Faculty advising and assistance finding opportunities for shadowing and volunteering.
Schools our graduates have been accepted into
- Physician assistant
- Physical therapy
- … and more
Post-Bac Pre-Health student Krishna Thenappan tells his story of how he came to study at NWHSU.
No other post-bac program features a mock multiple mini-interview process. This experience prepares you to deal with the real thing.
We offer a course that gives you highly individualized help with the written portion of your professional school application.
Option to take graduate-level courses
Those who meet admissions requirements may take graduate-level courses from the College of Chiropractic.
Whether joining an MCAT study club or working with a faculty member as your mentor, you’ll be fully supported while you’re here.
Live and learn in healthy Minneapolis
Study and live in the heart of the Twin Cities metro area of Minneapolis, ranked #1 nationally for healthy living by Livability.com.
- Admissions requirements
- Post-Bac Pre-Health Curriculum Guide
- Course descriptions
- Request information
“Your Post-Bac Pre-Health program positioned me well as I began my MCAT study plan, and ultimately gave me the confidence I needed as I entered the room on test day ... confident that I could correctly answer nearly any question the MCAT threw at me.”
–Will Trousdale, recent grad who was accepted into Mayo Clinic School of Medicine