Clinical ExperiencePage Menu
Rich and diverse clinical experiences prepare you for a successful clinical practice.
Your clinical experiences start early and expose you to a variety of patient populations and healthcare settings. You’ll study with experienced clinical faculty who practice in their discipline and provide real-world discussions of patient care.
Develop your clinical skills in hospitals, clinics and community-based settings:
- University Health Services - De Rusha Clinic
- Northwestern Health Clinics
- Penny George Institute for Health and Healing at Abbott Northwestern Hospital
- Regions Hospital
- University of Minnesota Hospital, Fairview
- Integrative Clinic of Minnesota – student-led clinic in Minneapolis
- Salvation Army Harbor Light Center in Minneapolis
- Courage-Kenny Rehabilitation Institute – for patients with brain and spinal cord injuries
- The Aliveness Project – serving individuals living with HIV/AIDS
- Minnesota Oncology
- Federally Qualified Community Health Centers
- More than 100 private practices and clinics in the Twin Cities area
Your clinical experience is the most vital part of your education. We carefully design clinical experiences that build your competence and confidence as a natural healthcare provider so you are well-prepared to start your own practice after graduation.
Hands-on clinical experiences bring your classroom instruction in basic sciences, theory and methods to life. You'll provide care to real patients with real problems so you develop into a competent practitioner. Northwestern is one of the leaders among Complementary and Alternative Health (CAM) colleges in developing innovative clinical internships.