Academic Success CenterPage Menu
The mission of the Academic Success Center is to foster academic and personal development and success by providing a cohesive set of support services for students to assist them in achieving their educational goals.
The Academic Success Center (ASC), located in the Office of Student Affairs, is a collection of student services and programs that have been developed to help students reach their academic goals.
All services and programming offered through the Academic Success Center have been designed to help you learn how to be an independent student. It is each student’s responsibility to choose and use those supports that will help you strengthen your learning and improve your academic performance.
The following services are available through the Academic Success Center:
- Personal counseling: Free short term counseling services are provided to any current student.
- Disability services: The ASC provides reasonable academic accommodations to qualified students with a documented disability to facilitate equal access to the learning environment.
- Academic advising: The ASC provides individual advising to ensure you are on a successful pathway to graduation.
- Academic success coaching / study skills development: The ASC provides individual academic success coaching which focuses on the evaluation of current study skills and assists with the development of study strategies to support academic success.
- Tutoring: The ASC provides both group and individual tutoring sessions facilitated by upper term students.
- Writing Lab: In coordination with the ASC, you can visit the writing lab located in the library to enhance your writing skills or assist you with a writing assignment.